Note: It is best to use Internet Explorer for the application. Depending on your browser, you may need to first download the fillable document to your computer, then proceed to fill it out and save it.
The Adoption Process
We strive to make the adoption experience as simple as possible. Here's what you can expect:
1. Have a look at our available cats on Petfinder, or drop by an adoption event to meet some cats there. It's hard to get an idea of what a cat is like from a picture, so we encourage you to contact us with any questions, or for suggestions as to which cat would make the best addition to your home.
2. Fill out an application. We respond fastest to emails. Email us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the cat you are interested in meeting in the subject line. Or print it out and bring it to your meet and greet with your potential cat. We also have applications available at all of our adoption locations. You can also fax it to (877) 226-4379.
3. Meet your new cat! If you haven't already done so, a volunteer will contact you to set up a time to meet the cat(s) you are interested in. Make sure to let us know what you're looking for in your new companion so we can have some suggestions ready if you don't hit it off with your first choice. Steps 2 and 3 often happen at the same time.
4. We call your references and review you application. This part of the process can take a week. Be sure to tell your references to be on the lookout for our call. Unless we have already processed your application, we don't normally do same-day adoptions.
5. The happy ending! You make your adoption donation which is $170 for adult cats (over 1 year old), $195 for kittens (up to 1 year old), with discounts for adopting two or more cats together. Happily ever after now begins for you and your new furry companion!